Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lemon Cream Pie Martini


It is the perfect time of year to use lemons in dessert.  Their sunny yellow color and bright tart flavor bring a bit of sunshine to otherwise cold winter days.  This is why I thought they would be perfect in a dessert like drink I was creating.  I was thinking some lemon cream pie sounded awfully good...but didn't want to go through the trouble of making one, so I put all the flavors of the pie into a cocktail!  Why not have my drink and dessert at the same time! 


I used coconut milk to make it creamy, and fresh lemon to give it that tart flavor along with vanilla bean syrup to sweeten.  The result was a delicious drink that brought a bit of sunshine to my taste buds!  If you wanted a non-alchoholic version, you could substitute some lite coconut milk for the vodka, and add a little more lemon.  Try this drink out to chase away the winter blahs! 


Lemon Cream Pie Martini
Makes 1

4-6 large ice cubes
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 oz Prairie Organic Vodka
1 oz lemon infused vodka
3 Tbsp vanilla bean syrup*
2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
1 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
lemon zest for garnish

In a martini shaker add the ice, vodka, vanilla bean syrup, coconut milk, and lemon juice place top on shaker. Shake until well blended. Pour through a strainer into a chilled martini glass, garnish with the lemon zest and serve!

*Vanilla Bean Syrup:
Combine 1/2 cup agave nectar with 1/2 cup boiling water, and one vanilla bean split.  Stir to dissolve agave, and let sit to let flavor of vanilla bean infuse into the syrup.  After a few hours remove the bean.  Store in the fridge in a jar or bottle.

15 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT! And so pretty too! I think I'd serve this anytime of year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds incredibly tasty! And I love a pretty cocktail...this one certainly qualifies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you skipped making an entire pie and went straight for the glass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you're speakin' my language! I love all things lemon, and you make it into a martini!?! Love, love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing, and sounds like wonderful idea! Nicely done Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds yummy! Love the idea of adding coconut milk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dessert in a glass with a KICK! Wow that's alright. Toast to you for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes please! like a limocello but not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a creative dessert idea and definitely perfect for these cold, dreary days! Lemon and coconut milk combo sounds amazing as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers to this idea! Lovely lemon twist, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That vanilla bean syrup is absolutely great! Do you suppose a used vanilla bean would work? It would be kind of the same idea as making vanilla sugar.

    I'm inspired, by the way! I've been craving apple pie but haven't really felt like baking one recently. Looks like a drink is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sure does seem like a breath of fresh, summer air! I love citrus during the winter because it adds that much needed brightness to my day. And coconut milk always makes me smile. Thank you for sharing this sweetness! I hope you have a wonderful end of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lemon cream pie martini...mmmm...that sounds sensational!

    ReplyDelete