Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a Pink Panther Martini...and random memories


I have to warn you this blog post is very random!  Yesterday at work I was daydreaming while multitasking, and I was thinking about my past years working there in the deli.  The first year I started, I was pretty quiet.  I guess I was a bit shy, but also trying to concentrate on my work.  Whatever the case was, I didn't say a whole lot.  We had this one food delivery guy who would deliver all the cheese to  the deli, and he was very talkative.  One day I was back doing the dishes, and happened to be wearing a pink shirt, and he randomly told me "You are like the pink panther...you wear pink a lot, you are thin, and you sure don't say much!  That should be your name!"  I thought that was funny, and an odd thing to say, but I guess he wasn't aware of how much I could talk if you know me well.  He is no longer our delivery man, which is a shame, since he was pretty funny.  And I am no longer so quiet now that I have worked in the deli 4 1/2 years.  So last night when I made myself a pink cocktail, as it was Monday, and I was wondering what I should call it...Pink Panther popped into my head!  The coctail appeared as if it would be simply very sweet...maybe too sweet.  But in actuality it was tart as well, and quite silky as it had blood orange juice and coconut milk as well as Chambord and vodka.  It was way better than it looked, because as you know things aren't always as they seem!  Here is the recipe for my Pink Panther Martini if you would like a weeknight treat! 


Pink Panther Martini
Makes 1

4-6 large ice cubes
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 oz Prairie Organic Vodka
2 oz Chambord or raspberry liqueur
2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
2 oz fresh blood orange juice

In a martini shaker add the ice, vanilla, vodka, raspberry liqueur, coconut milk, and orange juice place top on shaker. Shake until well blended. Pour through a strainer into a chilled martini glass, and serve!

19 comments:

  1. When I was a baby, the only way I would go to sleep was if my mom hummed the Pink Panther theme song! How crazy huh!?! This martini looks great! (And I totally plan to make it once my drinking detox is over...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok seriously that might become a meal. LOL. Anything pink and I'm happy (except peptol bismol of course). I definitely have to make this for my next girls night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This drink is very pretty in pink. The association of Pink Panther with this drink is a cute thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! This looks and sounds purrrrfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I am intrigued by the addition of coconut milk. You sold me with the reference to 'full fat'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name - you should start selling it. ;-) that martini looks darn good! I'd love a sip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really pink !! :) too bad I cant drink any mixed drinks :( can only enjoy looking at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martini looks fabulous dear..I just love your little creations, and photos are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the color and decoration gets a golden star! Love the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cocktail! Pink Panther is a great name for a drink...for that bar you're going to open. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this drink looks delicious! I would love to come home from work to one of these. Love your story too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. (I tried to comment before and I don't think it worked so I am sorry if you get 2 requests haha). WOW that cocktail really looks yummy and your story about the delivery guy was very cute and funny haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg! It looks so professional!Gotta love the girly, pink crystals around your martini glass ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girly drink, yes but it looks so good I want one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I've got the Pink Panther tune running through my head! Love the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both the Pink Panther AND the idea of this cocktail. Will have to try it soon! Mmmmm! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds yummy! I love anything with coconut milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the name of this drink. Its so cute! And it helps that I have a deep love for martinis.

    ReplyDelete