Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Eats!



Easter brunch and dinner have always been exciting to me, ever since I was a kid!  My Mom used to have the family over and we would all have a big brunch and hunt for easter eggs.  My favorite dishes were the cinnamon rolls, my Mom's cheesy potato casserole, and her raspberry apple jello ring.  I have to say the ham and sausage were never at the top of my list though.  Since my tastes and traditions have changed, there is never any meat on my table and it is usually a small gathering.  Good food is still important to me though,  and I always incorporate the fruits and vegetables of  spring into my menu since they are at their best and tastiest!  Since Easter is fast approaching this weekend, I thought it would be fun to do a post highlighting the dishes I thought would be fabulous to serve at an Easter meal! As far as I am concerned the dessert is the most important part, but why not have some fabulous mains and sides to serve along with it! Below, I have included both savory dishes from my blog Garlic and Sea Salt, and sweet ones from Fragrant Vanilla cake...drinks, main dishes, salads and many many desserts!  The most important part of Easter is celebrating Christ rising again, but second, and also very important is spending time with the ones you love and enjoying a delicious meal!  Happy Easter!   

Vanilla Girl Martini
http://garlicandseasalt.blogspot.com/2010/07/blueberry-basil-martini.html

Lovely Lady Martini (Lavander Scented Citrus Martini)

Blueberry Basil Martini

Lemon Cream Pie Martini

Golden Beet and Chevre Gnocchi with Caramelized Fennel and Toasted Walnuts

Carrot and Avocado Ravioli with Toasted Almonds

Roasted Potato and Celeriac Salad with Truffle Oil and Pecorino Romano

Strawberry Rhubarb Salad with Toasted Almonds and Chevre

Tahini Dressed Crisp Romaine Salad with Baby Potatoes, Asparagus, and Snap Peas

Beet and Strawberry Love Salad

Lemon Poppyseed Almond Rolls

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp  

Coconut Orange Carrot Cake

Vegan Spring Strawberry Cake

Lovely Lemon Cake

Luscious Lemon Curt Tart with Almond Poppyseed Shortbread Crust

Caramelized Pine Nut Tart

Banana Butterscotch Trifles

6 comments:

  1. My, my, Easter would rock with all these tasty offerings. I'm full just looking at your pictures. Have a peaceful and fun Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a treat for the eyes Amy! so cheerful and filling a spread and simply beautiful!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to eat up your menu! I'd be drunk and on a sugar high the entire day! Nothing is better than that! :)

    Happy Easter to you and to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm...I happened to stumble upon your blog after being attracted to the pine nut tart picture on a random search for something else...so glad I found this - your food looks AMAZING and I CAN'T WAIT to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - I am so going to make that pine nut tart!!! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete