Monday, October 31, 2011

Perfect Pearl Martini


A couple weeks ago, my friend Gabrielle and I were discussing what would be the scariest Halloween costume and we came up with the "Stepford Housewife".  Their fake smiles and the way they are TOO perfect is pretty creepy.  If you have seen the movie you know what I am talking about. She decided she was going to be one, and I found the perfect dress in my closet and decided to be one as well.  I even had a blond wig from my Mother that I could wear. 
So I dressed up as one for a Halloween party Saturday, and looked frighteningly perfect.  Wearing that costume, inspired me to come up with a drink worthy of a stepford housewife...the "Perfect Pearl" martini. 

A perfectly balanced drink of blended sweet pear nectar, Crown Royal, St. Germain for a floral note, lemon juice for balance, and a touch of vanilla. 

I decided it needed a neclace of pearls as well, luckilly I had some candy pearls in my cupboard just begging to be used!  It was wonderful.  It was perfect...maybe too perfect...or just perfect enough to put you out of your trance.  It was pretty boozy, but hey, it is Halloween!  Here is the recipe if you would like to experience the perfection for yourself! 

Perfect Pearl Martini
Makes 1

For rim:
1 Tbsp agave nectar
2 Tbsp candy pearls
Drink:
6 large ice cubes
2 oz pear nectar
3 oz Crown Royal
2 oz St. Germain liqueur
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

To coat rim, place agave nectar on a plate and coat rim edge with it by dipping it upside down into it.  On another plate, place pearls and dip coated glass rim into it coating it evenly, set aside.  To make drink, in a martini shaker add the ice, nectar, crown royal, St. Germain, lemon juice, vanilla and place top on shaker. Shake until well blended. Pour through a strainer into a the martini glass, and serve!

7 comments:

  1. So June Cleaver elegant. The kids can home from trick-or-treating and have candy and the parents can have a pearl-inspired martini! Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous way to decorate a glass rim! Very elegant indeed.
    Great costume, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so much fun. such a pretty outfit and loved the hues in that perfect martini drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have candy pearls and NEVER thought of decorating my martini glass with them, I gotta try this....Is 9AM to early to start???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your costume! This pear martini looks so elegant and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress. I would wear that any day. Ha! The cocktail sounds fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete