Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Guest Post for Como Water - Vanilla Scented Beet Citrus Salad


I was flattered when Tiffany over at Como Water asked me to do a guest post on her blog, I am always admiring the beautiful and delicious things she is posting on there!  I wanted to make something special for her that I felt reflected the spirit of her blog, and decided to go with a savory but also a little sweet salad recipe, one using one of my all time favorite ingredients, beets!  I have been loving them in salads lately, and I thought this time I would pair them with citrus in the form of kumquats and oranges in a vanilla hibiscus vinaigrette!  It is lovely, light and delicious!  The sweet beets are wonderful with the slightly tart kumquats and oranges and the dressing is fragrant with vanilla and a lovely shade of pink from the hibiscus.  The toasted almonds are a nice textural contrast as well.  It makes me forget all about the fact that it is winter, and think I am somewhere sunny.  If you wish to recreate it, head over to Tiffany's blog to find the recipe for Vanilla scented Citrus and Beet Salad!  Here is the link: http://comowater.com/2012/02/25/vanilla-scented-beet-citrus-salad-february-favorite-veg-on-the-web/.   Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


10 comments:

  1. Look at those colors! Going to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous salad! I love the addition of kumquats...so pretty! Off to read your guest post~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This salad looks awesome!! Loved the droolworthy picture. Bookmarked!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome recipe dear. Bookmarked

    Aarthi
    http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a heart-shaped beet I see? How cute! Lovely colors, Amy, and a great guest post! It went to Top 9 today!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors in this healthy salad. Love the hear shaped beets:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so pretty - I will be jumping over to visit now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this salad at ComoWater and immediately pinned it. Is that really a beet heart I see? Incredible! I can't wait to try the recipe and serve it to friends.

    ReplyDelete