Friday, March 30, 2012

Tangarine Tango Martini



I love orange.  It is such a happy color, and I know not many people call it their favorite color, but I do.  It works out well because with my coloring as an Autumn it flatters my skin tone so I can wear it.  I was absolutely thrilled when I heard in January that "Tangerine Tango" was the color of the year!  I think orange doesn't get enough attention...it is always blue so it seems which people prefer.  Why am I talking about color?  Well, I made a delicious cocktail, as it is Friday and it was called "Tangerine Tango"! 


So....hopefully the color talk makes sense now.  I called it that because it was the most beautiful shade of orange, a sassy orange deserving of a name like tangerine tango! 


I need no reason to make a cocktail, but it being Friday, and the end of a week full of ups and downs was reason enough! So what was in this concoction? 


I had just gotten my hands on a bottle of Mandarin Napolean, so I knew I needed to use it in a delicious drink.  For those of you who haven't heard of it, Mandarin Napolean is a cognac based orange liqueur.  It has a warm smooth orange flavor and is so good that it could be sipped alone! 



I combined it with a bit of bourbon, a splash of Campari, which made the drink's color even more beautiful and of course I added some tangerine juice, because I have a big bowl of them in my kitchen right now. 


It was a lovely drink.  Almost too lovely to drink...but who am I kidding that never stops me!  It was delicious!  It was smooth and rich with the cognac and bourbon and the sweetness of tangerine and mandarin was wonderful!  A tango in my mouth, and so I thought "Tangerine Tango" was the perfect name for it!  If you would like one, I have included the recipe so you can recreate it!  Happy Friday to you all, cheers! 


Tangarine Tango Martini
(Tangerine, bourbon, Mandarin Napolean and Campari)
Makes 1

Drink:
6 large ice cubes
3 oz bourbon
1/2 oz campari
1 oz Mandarin napolean
2 oz fresh tangerine or other fresh orange juice
orange zest or slices for serving

In a martini shaker add the ice, bourbon, campari, mandarin napolean, and juice and place top on shaker. Shake until well blended. Pour the drink into a chilled martini glass through a strainer, garnish with orange zest or slices and serve!

10 comments:

  1. What a stunning cocktail! And you can't really go wrong with bourbon, can you. I'd love to have one of these in hand tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is so beautiful looking. I love tangerine cocktails. I once had one with sherbet around the rim...your's looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color (and taste!) of orange too! I'd tango, salsa, bachata, samba, and fox trot to this martini! LOL! Happy Saturday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the best drinks! I love the bright orange color of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the color. It screams spring! Stunning picture Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm! this looks great! A perfect springy summer time drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks awesome! What a cool recipe for a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love tangerine, this must be such a great drink! And the color is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete