Saturday, May 19, 2012

Strawberry Lavender Lemonade


We hit our first 90 degree day in Minnesota yesterday...and I can tell my body is not used to it yet.  I was standing over my cutting board chopping veg for a salad at work and I could feel myself starting to sweat uncontrollably under my chefs coat.  I could not help but think about how good a strawberry lemonade would be at the time to cool me from the inside.


When I got home I did just that...made myself a strawberry lemonade!  I had some lavender syrup on hand as well, so I decided to add that instead of honey for a floral note.  Afterall, it was Friday and I thought I deserved something special! 


Now I suppose I could have added booze...afterall, gin would be wonderful with the strawberries lemon and lavender, but another time.  This was so refreshing and delicious, I didn't think about missing it.  The lemonade was sweet with the perfect amount of tart, and the lovely scent of lavender!  I am ready for summer, especially when I know I can prepare cooling deliciousness like this for myself! If you would like to enjoy one as well, I have included the recipe!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


Strawberry Lavender Lemonade
Makes 1

1/4 cup fresh organic strawberries, pureed
2 Tbsp lavender syrup* or to taste
2 cups water
1/3 cup lemon juice
ice cubes

Add strawberries and lavender syrup to a glass with 2 cups water, 1/3 cup lemon juice and a few ice cubes, and stir until blended.
 
*Lavender syrup
1/4 cup raw coconut nectar or raw local honey or agave nectar
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp dried lavender flowers
Combine all ingredients in a small jar, and shake to dissolve syrup.  Let sit at least overnight to infuse and keep in the fridge for up to a few weeks.

19 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely refreshing and delicious, wish I had a glass right now! The Lavender agave sounds amazing, hope i can find some dried lavender : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, this sounds so lovely! ^^ Your blog is so wonderful and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this! I've never used anything other than a simple syrup to sweeten my lemonade and I'm looking forward to using the lavender-flavored syrup. Thank you for sharing! I'm in SD and we had the same day you had - too hot for May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for connecting with me on foodbuzz. I just subscribed to your blog feed and can't wait to see what your next post will be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is PERFECT for today. It's sunny and in the 80's. The strawberry lemonade will be a welcome refresher after outside chores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely and refreshing! I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award : )Find out more here http://imcookininmykitchen.blogspot.com/2012/05/graced-with-award.html or https://www.facebook.com/RecipesSwap

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOAH! Strawberries and lavender! What a refreshing combination. Very unique. This would be perfect treat for sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right! We need to refresh and cool ourselves as we usher in summer and its perks (i dont mean the sweaty feeling...urrgh!) the beach, the popsicles and the lemonade. Gee! I love the fresh strawberry taste. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds and looks soo tasty! Congrats on making Top 9! Gorgeous photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi There, Congratulations for Top 9 !!!!!!
    Wow...this recipe is looking so Appetizing. A very well made post with beautiful pictures. I can't wait to try it on my island. Have a wonderful week ahead. Thanks & Regards, Sonia !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! These would be great at a bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THe Strawberry Lavender Lemonade looks refreshing and delicious. What a great post for the upcoming hot days of summer. Congratulations on Foodbuzz Top 9!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your foodbuzz top 9, today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, this looks good, Amy! What a great combo of flavors and I can imagine that this is soooo refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM!!!! This looks amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such great, refreshing looking drinks. I can totally see this with a little vodka. :D Congrats on the top 9!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried using lavender but this sounds absolutely refreshing and I'm intrigued! :)

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  18. It says
    Add all ingredients to a glass with 2 cups water, 1/3 cup lemon juice and a few ice cubes, and stir until blended.
    Is that on top of the 2 cups and 1/3 cup lemon that is already in the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means stir the other ingredients (strawberries and lavender syrup) together with the 2 cups water and 1/3 lemon juice in the glass. (so basically stir all amounts specified above together, no extra ;))

      Delete