Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Raw Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes



"You put the special ingredient in there didn't you?"  One of my good friends said to me as I handed her one of my brownies I had just made.  Puzzled, I gave her a funny look and said "Huh?"  Because I do not make "special" brownies AKA laced brownies...I am a good girl and don't ingest that stuff.  She replied, "You know...Love!" Made sense now. "Of course I did!  I always put a little love in my food!" If you are  going to take the time to make something for someone or yourself you better go into it with a loving attitude or it will not taste as good.  At least, that is my belief! 


I made these brownies actually, because my Mother was complaining that she had no chocolate to indulge in.  Luckilly, I had all the ingredients on hand to create some delicious raw peanut butter brownies! Now, I suppose I could have just whipped up a batch, and served them all flat and unadorned, but I thought why not make them special!


So, I turned them into little brownie cakes adorned with chocolate peanut butter and crunchy peanuts!  You could have called them PB crave brownies, because they were seriously so good and something you were bound to crave again once you finished one! My Mother approved, and said they were more delicious than regular brownies, and I had to agree.  We are both fans of super fudgy brownies, and fudgy these were! Now, this was the type of dessert that you could give to someone and they would know they contained love!


Raw Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes
Makes 4

Brownies:
2 cups raw peanuts
2 cups dried shredded coconut
1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
2/3 cup raw agave nectar or honey
1/4 tsp sea salt

Filling and Frosting:
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter*
1/2 cup chopped raw peanuts

To make brownies, combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until finely ground and starting to hold together.  Press mixture into a square, and place in the fridge until firm (about 2 hours).  Cut into 8 squares.  On four of the squares, spread about 1 1/2 Tbsp of the chocolate peanut butter, then sprinkle with a bit of the chopped peanuts.  Top each with another square.  Spread about 1 1/2 Tbsp of the peanut butter on top of each, and top with more peanuts.  Serve!

*Dark Chocolate Peanut ButterMakes about 3+ cups
2 cups raw peanuts
2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup agave nectar or honey, or to taste
3 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
About 1 cup raw almond milk

In a food processor, blend peanuts until very smooth. Add sea salt, agave nectar (more if you like it sweeter), cocoa powder, and vanilla. Process to blend until combined, then with the motor running, add enough almond milk to make it smooth like frosting consistency, and blend until well combined. Enjoy!  Store in the fridge in a jar with a lid. 

26 comments:

  1. i can definitely tell you put love into these! they look so rich and decadent. and healthy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! Plenty of nutrition in those nuts and cocoa ;)!

      Delete
  2. I love fudgy brownies, especially those that contain peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :)! I would choose fudgy over cakey any day!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love a nice fudgy brownie. I keep pinning all of your raw desserts...ONE day I will get around to making one :) I think I just know it will never look as gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :)! At least you will have plenty to choose from and you can pick what sounds the best! I am always improving upon them, so the more to pick from the better. Looks don't matter, it is how it tastes that does ;)!

      Delete
  4. You know what makes me so happy about this recipe? That I have ALL of the ingredients on hand. I'm so excited and scared at the same time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Haha...well, they are really addictive, so you have been warned ;)!

      Delete
  5. Yum! Chocolate and peanut butter just can't be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the raw "baking" queen! These look so chocolatey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie :)! They were uber chocolaty without overdoing it.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your blog!! I made the Blackberry Lavendar Cream Cheese last week and LOVED it!! I also made the Raw Taco Salad which was my family loved! I was wondering if this Peanut Butter Brownie recipe would work with almonds or cashews?? Thanks again for your vegan recipes and please keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Happy to have you here, and so glad you enjoyed the recipes :)! It would work just fine with other nuts. If you did hazelnuts, it would be similar to nutella, and if you did almonds that would be fabulous as well! Sky is the limit, feel free to try it with your favorite nut ;)!

      Delete
  8. I totally think you should write a book now for desserts in the raw! And when you do, send me the first copy! These brownie cakes look divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will eventually ;)! Thank you so much :)!

      Delete
  9. Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods - so is chocolate! YOu have a winner here Amy :) I could eat a few of these in one sitting Im sure. I put love in all my food too. It's a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather :)! Me too! I know you put love into all your food, it show because the food is so beautiful :)!

      Delete
  10. i'm in awe - these sound AMAZING! definitely bookmarking this, sounds perfect to curb those chocolate cravings that i seem to get way too often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! The best part is no baking time and you can snack on the "batter".

      Delete
  11. I can't wait I have everything to make these with, thanks so much for you recipes, the have helped so much for my husband to like to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :)! So glad you are enjoying them Gail!

      Delete
  12. I'm so impressed with these brownies, Amy... And love really is the most important ingredient - I completely agree. I think my favorite part of this recipe is the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter - wow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the recipe :)! All good bakers know what the secret ingredient is ;)! That chocolate PB was pretty crave worthy, I know you would love it!

      Delete
  13. Holy moly these brownies look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I am going to make these this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! Let me know how you like them if you do make them ;)!

      Delete