Saturday, May 10, 2014

Energizing Vanilla Matcha Smoothie Bowl


 You know what makes me happy?  Putting toppings on things.  I was the queen of ice cream toppings when I was little.  I would top my 3 different types of ice cream with caramel, chocolate fudge, M&Ms, chocolate chips, strawberry sauce, whipped cream, and of course cherries.  Sounds like diabetes in a bowl though right?  I did go a bit overboard, and no, it was not healthy and my 8 year old self loved it.  It is a true wonder I never got a tummy ache from all that dairy and sugar...I know I would now.  I still love to put toppings on things, but now it is to nourish my body, not treat it like a dumpster like I used to.  I love the idea of smoothie bowls.  I can't believe I only recently discovered them...I was missing out!  I love adding different textures and flavors to my smoothie like one big party in a bowl, it is awesome, not to mention pretty.


Last weekend, I made this Energizing Vanilla Matcha Smoothie Bowl.  I didn't feel like eating anything but a smoothie after my workout, and I wanted something I could be excited about eating and it fit the bill.  A creamy vanilla matcha base, with a bit of raw protein to rebuild those muscles topped off with some of my favorite things.  Sweet berries, a little chocolaty goodness in the form of cacao nibs, hempseeds, golden flaxseeds, and chia seeds for healthy oils and a bit of bee pollen (if you are going to make this and are vegan omit it of course).  It was pure love in a bowl and so delicious!  If you want to treat yourself well, do yourself a favor and whip one of these up!



Energizing Vanilla Matcha Smoothie Bowl
Serves 1

Smoothie:
3 medium bananas
1 scoop raw vanilla protein powder (optional, I used Garden of Life brand)
1/4-1/2 cup raw hemp milk or coconut milk (depending on how liquidy you like it, I like mine thick so I add less)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp matcha powder
stevia to taste (or your choice liquid raw sweetener)

Toppings:
fresh organic blueberries
fresh organic strawberries
granulated bee pollen (leave out if you want it vegan)
raw cacao nibs
chia seeds
ground flaxseed
hempseeds

For the smoothie, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, using the tamper to press the mixture into the blades.  Pour into a bowl, and top with toppings (I used about 1 Tbsp of each spoonable, and more of the berries).  Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Seguro que te cargas de energía por las mañanas! El combinado de colores es maravilloso!

    ReplyDelete